Where cannabidiol has gained a favorable position in the wellness field, tetrahydrocannabinol continues to build up a notorious reputation. THC, which is also a well-studied cannabinoid of the cannabis plant, triggers the high that comes with weed.
On the other hand, CBD is known for its many medicinal properties. But if THC is pretty harmful, then why is it that full spectrum CBD products contain it? To give you a brief and quick recap, a full spectrum CBD product is one that doesn’t just revolve around CBD. Unlike isolate CBD, it contains other active cannabinoids, terpenes, and phytonutrients found in the cannabis herb as well.
These active cannabinoids include THC. Interestingly, there is also broad spectrum CBD available which comprises of all the same components that full spectrum does but with the exclusion of THC. Yet, experts would tell you that that full spectrum is preferred over the other two types.
The Inclusion Of THC
THC is psychotropic in nature which means it is intoxicating. But there is good reason why full spectrum formulas comprise of it. Basically, despite its negative side effects, THC has some great medicinal properties, much like CBD. In some areas, its effects are better than even CBD. Here’s a peek at some benefits that are associated to THC:
- It relieves pain in the muscles and nerves
- May help with sleep and improve breathing during sleep
- Can improve your appetite which is favorable for those with eating disorders such as anorexia nervosa
- Boosts your senses enabling more creative thinking
- It may have antibacterial properties and may benefit gut bacteria and health
- It is an anti-inflammatory agent
- Can relax your muscles and hence, help with multiple sclerosis
- THC is an anticonvulsant as well which means it can help with seizures
- It can ease nausea and vomiting
THC can, obviously, not be used on its own to access these perks. In a full spectrum formula, it is safer and hence, usable.
How THC In Full Spectrum Formulas Is Safe
THC in marijuana is unsafe, then how is full spectrum CBD products’ THC safe? Let’s have a look at this:
- The amount of THC in full spectrum is less than 0.3%. This makes it safer as well as legal
- Together with other components of the cannabis plant, THC has an entourage effect which produces better results
- In the presence of CBD, THC’S adverse effects are buffered
THC is harmful for your health and makes you high. Yet, full spectrum CBD products contain THC. This is because of the many medicinal properties of the agent. Moreover, in a full spectrum formula the content of THC is less than 0.3%.
With THC in a formula with other cannabinoids and cannabis constituents, the product has an entourage effect which promises better results. This explains why full spectrum CBD products contain tetrahydrocannabinol.