Cannabidiol has been in the spotlight for the last couple of years and is also dominating wellness trends this year. The substance is being lauded for the many ways it can alter your health positively owing to its interaction with your body’s endocannabinoid system.
CBD can reduce anxiety and provide pain relief. It has an anti-inflammatory nature as well as analgesic, antibacterial, and antifungal properties. Research shows that it can help with epilepsy, arthritis, mood disorders as well as neurological conditions. Some studies provide evidence regarding how CBD oil can be helpful for conditions such as Parkinson’s, dementia and Alzheimer’s.
Talking about the substance’s role in diseases that cause memory loss, how does CBD help in this regard? It’s common knowledge that cannabis disrupts memory so how does CBD not?
Basically, marijuana contains a cannabinoid called tetrahydrocannabinol which is intoxicating and negatively impacts memory. Now CBD, while it is psychoactive, it is not psychotropic. It doesn’t make you high and has the opposite effect of THC.
Ways CBD Improves Your Memory
Once in a while we all experience gaps in our memory, but these are not substantial enough to catch your notice. In fact, you tend to remember the thought that had escaped your head later. But if you are experiencing memory problems that are not normal, then you need treatment.
CBD oil is one option to explore. While more research is needed in the area of how it can help with your memory, you can consult your doctor about it. To help you understand how CBD improves your memory, here is a quick explanation:
- CBD prevents the death of brain cells and promotes cell regeneration. It also prevents damage to neural pathways. This is one way it helps with Alzheimer’s.
- It is strong in antioxidants which is how it prevents free radical damage and hence, oxidative stress which negative impacts memory.
- It reduces inflammation which also contributes to cognitive decline and degenerative diseases. It also reduces neural inflammation.
- By interacting with the endocannabinoid system, CBD supports the protective functions of the brain.
- It improves focus which is also how it supports memory functioning.
- It tackles insomnia and improves your sleep which also benefits your memory.
Should You Use CBD For Memory?
Considering research shows that you can use CBD oil for memory boosting, it is an option worth exploring. However, you should never use CBD for your memory or other reasons without first consulting a doctor.
While research in this area is limited, CBD does help your memory. Studies show that it can prevent oxidative stress thanks to its high antioxidant power. It can also decrease inflammation and improve the neuroprotective properties of the brain. Furthermore, CBD can improve your focus and reduce insomnia both of which boost your memory.
But though using CBD for your memory issues seems like worthwhile approach it is always best to first consult your physician before taking any steps forward.